Wednesday, July 27, 2011

endless summer










I am going to move more things into my new home in two days!My new home that will be an hour away from the coast might i add.
stoked is not even the word.
The ocean breathes so salty.
If one had enough time and money it would be possible to follow the summer around the world, making it endless.
This thought inspired the film Endless Summer and has inspired countless travelers and surfers and adventures. But what if summer isn’t something tangible, defined by weather, fashion, location or anything else? It can be a feeling, an emotion, that you carry with you all year long. Freedom, purity, childlike innocence, serenity… all words I associate with summer, that I try to remind myself of in the dark days of winter. Wrap yourself in cozy, light sweaters and layers that still carry the scent of sunblock and close your eyes, imagine you are listening to the sound of waves crashing on sand and hold on to summer as long as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment